My Twit Peeves ;)
Just a few things that tend to irk me on Twitter…just a little 🙂
- When people have full-on @reply conversations with people. I can see if what they are talking about is relevant or entertaining. But there’s also this thing called “text messaging” that we can use if you need information from a friend that is no one else’s business.
- Spam! Enough said. Thanks for the event invite or the free music but I’d rather not entertain spam messages, even from friends. I’m sorry! Twitter is for fun. Don’t take the fun out of it. If you need to promote, at least do it indirectly. In other words, don’t copy and paste the same thing to everybody. Just throw it in the conversation.
- When people RT someone that almost everybody follows, i.e. @RevRunWisdom. As soon as he tweets something, at least five of my followers RT it. So there he is on my timeline six times with the same darn tweet. *sigh*
- Following people who are always negative! If you don’t have something funny to say, an engaging question to ask, an inspirational quote to share, or some news link, then what are you doing? I hate seeing “Twitter-beef” (never mind, that’s sort of a lie. I find the tweets wars quite entertaining)! *takes back pet peeve #4*
- “Follow me back.” I usually follow everyone back who follows me. Unless of course you have 2,000 updates and only 5 followers (which tells me your tweets are unpopular, therefore not interesting). Seriously though, don’t take it personal if someone doesn’t follow you back. Twitter is not about numbers. So I hate when people get so caught up on how many followers they have. It’s about QUALITY, not QUANTITY!
Hmmmm, I think that might be all for now!