Thank You For Cheating
If you read my blog post from a few weeks ago, I had just experienced a break-up. And now I’d just like to express some thoughts I think all women should feel after a separation: Thank you for cheating.
Here’s what you cheating on me did for my life:
- Freed us from a relationship that was not as great as it seemed
- Allowed me to look at the past two years in a totally different light, called reality
- Let you go and be happy wherever it is you truly want to be
- Let me go and live a life I can believe in and be confident with
- Starting over fresh, taking all the pain and lessons learned throughout (as well as at the end of) our relationship with me for the rest of my life
I’m not depressed anymore. I’m not even bitter. It’s not even awkward that I have a freakin’ summer school class with the “other girl” (whichever one of us you could really consider the “other girl” – who really knows). I’m very hurt. But I am not angry, or pissed. I’m not disappointed. Maybe I never trusted you. Maybe I never trusted myself. I’m not upset. I don’t hate you. I have cried enough and I’m done. Thank you for cheating. Now we can all move on with our lives. I probably won’t ever call or text you again. But I will never forget the amazing times we spent together, and the good memories of you are the only ones I will hold on to.