Been Busy As A Bee
I haven’t posted since like February! I was doing really good at the very start of the year too!
So let’s play catch up really quick. I’ll be getting back into the swing of things soon.
- I started a paid internship with Howard Consulting and Investments..and so far I am loving it! I’m the team leader of a group of interns and we are in charge of public relations. Our latest project was a five-day charity event that was held at The Clubhouse (a place for bowling/mini golf/arcade. We raised money for the local Safe Haven shelter and collected canned goods for the Statesboro Food Bank as well as part of the admission. Our next project will be implementing a marketing campaign for a local restaurant called Manny’s Grille. Looking forward to that!
- I am taking classes again. Taking 12 hours at Georgia Southern – two night classes and two online classes. I registered for them BEFORE I applied for the internship with Howard. So now I am overloaded lol! I just wanted to keep myself busy and also take some pre-requisites for a master’s in business administration.
- The official website for my POWER organization will be launching next month! But for now, we just have the “coming soon” page up.
- My sister Shanika and her husband Gabe are expecting their first child on April 9th! My niece’s name will be Samaura! Her baby shower was today but I had to work this weekend 😦 That’s okay; I’ll be going to visit them in West VA as soon as she’s born.
- ALSO, if you read my first “hair journey” post, here is a photo update as to where my hair length is now. (I am so elated that my hair is finally past my shoulders again! I am never cutting my hair again! Also, ever since I went “natural/no heat,” my hair is definitely more full and soft.)